International Conference on Education and New Developments 2013 1 to 3 of June 2013 – Lisbon, Portugal
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
2013, 1 to 3 of June 2013 – Lisbon, Portugal
= Important Dates (2nd call) =
Abstract submissions: 29 March 2013
Authors’ notifications: 26 April 2013
Registration: until 17 May 2013
= Keynote Speaker = Peter Jarvis, Emeritus Professor at the University of Surrey, UK
= Conference Goals =
Education, in a global sense, is a right since we are born. Every experience has a formative effect on the constitution of the human being, in the way one thinks, feels and acts. One of the most important contribution resides in what and how we learn through the improvement of educational processes, both in formal and informal settings.
Our International Conference seeks to provide some answers and explore the processes, actions, challenges and outcomes of learning, teaching and human development. Our goal is to offer a worldwide connection between teachers, students, researchers and lecturers, from a wide range of academic fields, interested in exploring and giving their contribution in educational issues.
The International Conference on Education and New Developments 2013 invites you to showcase presentations, from the most diverse countries and cultures, to promote growth in research methods intimately related to teaching, learning and applications in Education nowadays. We wish to illustrate developments and new ways of thinking in these main fields:
Teachers and Students; Projects and Trends; Teaching and Learning;
Organizational Issues (see below in “Themes of Interest”).
= END format =
The conference will cover many types of presentation formats, incorporating Invited Keynote Speakers, oral and thematic showcases. Among the conference materials, given to all registered attendees, a CD-ROM will be provided with the Proceedings delivered at the conference. A book with selected papers from the conference will be published. Publication opportunities will also be available from selected international journals.
= Themes of Interest =
To develop the conference program END 2013 will address different categories inside the Education area and papers are expected to fit broadly – but not exclusively – into one of the named themes and sub-themes. To develop the conference program we have chosen four main broad-ranging categories, which also covers different interest areas:
• In TEACHERS AND STUDENTS: Teachers and Staff training and education; Educational quality and standards; Curriculum and Pedagogy; Vocational education and Counseling; Ubiquitous and lifelong learning; Training programmes and professional guidance; Teaching and learning relationship; Student affairs (learning, experiences and diversity; Extra-curricular activities; Assessment and measurements in Education.
• In PROJECTS AND TRENDS: Pedagogic innovations; Challenges and transformations in Education; Technology in teaching and learning; Distance Education and eLearning; Global and sustainable developments for Education; New learning and teaching models; Multicultural and (inter)cultural communications; Inclusive and Special Education; Rural and indigenous Education; Educational projects.
• In TEACHING AND LEARNING: Educational foundations; Research and development methodologies; Early childhood and Primary Education; Secondary Education; Higher Education; Science and technology Education; Literacy, languages and Linguistics (TESL/TEFL); Health Education; Religious Education; Sports Education.
• In ORGANIZATIONAL ISSUES: Educational policy and leadership; Human Resources development; Educational environment; Business, Administration, and Management in Education; Economics in Education; Institutional accreditations and rankings; International Education and Exchange programmes; Equity, social justice and social change; Ethics and values; Organizational learning and change.
= Types of Contributions =
All submissions are subjected to a blind-review refereeing process and are divided in these categories:
– Oral Presentations
– Symposium sessions
– Roundtable/debate sessions
– Virtual presentations
Corporates can also showcase their products or services in the conference exhibitions area by contacting the secretariat or publicity email
= Conference Date and Location=
END 2013 will be held in Lisbon, Portugal (in a venue yet to be assigned), and will occur from 1 to 3 of June 2013.